Warning: The following admission is not for the feint of heart. : )
I am a sugarholic. Yup I love the stuff ....in all forms. You know the gummies that kids love, Yup I love them too. I just finished a bag of froggie gummys, the kind with green on one side and white on the other. I love chocolate, ice cream, ooh and marshmallow anything and did I mention gummy candy. It is a problem, and starting to become a larger issue. I don't discuss food here a lot. Probably because everyone has there own thing. One person might eat very low calories, one might eat low carb, no sugar, low sugar, or just stay really on target the majority of the time. I am a WW fan. It works for me, and usually if I indulge (which I feel is necessary for my success) I will hit the gym harder, or run a little farther. The problem is when I have a trigger food ( a food that causes me to spiral out of control ) I eliminate it out of my diet, until I can get control. Pizza is one of those foods. For a while I had to not eat it, I couldn't eat just one piece. After a while I was able to reintroduce it back into my life but in single portions...now I can have a piece and still be ok....if I am in the right mind set. I still stay away if I can.
Candy is a huge trigger for me. The thing is I don't know if I can eliminate it. I know I should, if only to show that I can. Don't get me wrong...I don't believe in depriving myself of food. Especially treats...like the Banana brownies. I'm talking out of control eating....
So here is the plan. I am going to do a sugar detox for two weeks (anyone can handle that.....right?) Now when I talk about sugar detox I mean I will cut out all unnecessary sugar from my diet. I know myself, and that if I take out everything I wont succeed. So this is what I am allowing myself. 1 mocha daily(home made sf hazelnut flavoring) and4 skinny cow ice cream treats a week. I know some of you might think I am being to easy on myself....I wonder that as well....but this is where I am going to start.
I was discussing this with my husband today, I really need to kick myself into high gear. I know I've said it before, but this time he issued a challenge. 10lbs in one month and I get a new Laptop....9.8 and he removes all sugar and treats from my proximity. ....So why am I doing this? I really want a new computer...and I really need a boost. I am not very good at rewarding myself without the reward being food. I remember as a kid, my mom was on a "diet" and we would be good all week, then on Friday we would have a treat night. I wont go into what we had, but some of my favorite deserts were discovered on those nights. I am going to learn to treat myself to special non sugar rewards over the next few months.
I am sharing so I am accountable. If I see it in writing...I will push through the discomfort. Here I go! I hope I don't hurt anyone this week :)
No comments:
Post a Comment