One of the girls found this for me. Her husband who also works with me was using up some film at work and took this. This was taken in 2003, the summer before I found out I was pregnant with my daughter. I gained another 30lbs after this was taken. I know Ive mentioned that my favorite part of The Biggest Loser is to watch peoples eyes. They start looking so defeated, yet as they progress there is a brightness in their eyes.
When I look at this picture I don't see myself. Not just because of the weight but also because of my eyes. I look so unhappy here. I was so unhappy with myself, my marriage, my relationship with my friends. The only thing I knew I could do was to be a good mom and I was happy at work. The truth is that I was unhappy because I felt defeated. I felt tired. I felt alone.
I know I sound over the top....but I have to say...I am pretty hard on myself., but I am proud of this! : )

1 comment:
you should be proud, its ok to be proud of all you have accomplished! You are so right about the eyes. So many of my old pics have that dead, glazed over look. I think it's the difference between just being alive, and really living life.
So much funner now!
Post a Comment