Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Not this year

Each year in January I try to do a slide show. I get sentimental about what I have done, where I have come from and the work that I am proud of. 2011 was a difficult year for me. I didn't really care about much and because of that I dont have very many pictures of me and no progress to show. I love my family and love what we are doing here, however I just realized that the last time I really took a lot of pictures was in October. :(
 Im not a fan of New Year resolutions. Im not really sure what a date does for people. Maybe they view it as a fresh start...whatever works for them. I do know that a year can make or break you, and while Im not broken, I did forget some of the fundamentals. Taking care of me, makes me more available to others. Taking time for me, frees up more time for others. And feeling good about myself, feeling proud of who I am allows me to open myself up to help and friendship.
 Im sure at some point this year Ill do a slide show. Hopefully it wont be about weight loss...it will be about living!

No comments: