I've been reading a lot of blogs lately. I enjoy seeing what others do. How they blog there motivation and if what they are doing works. I stumbled across this one a few weeks ago and really enjoyed this comment:
"Until YOU realize the importance of YOUR own health and well-being, no one else can force YOU to care. Until YOU realize that how YOU treat YOUR body (food, exercise, care, kindness and forgiveness) is a practice of love and a statement to the world about how YOU feel about YOUR own value, YOU will continue to see diet and exercise as a cycle of deprivation or guilt followed by punishment. YOU will feel any sense of self-worth to be misguided, selfish, or entirely absent.
The Epiphany is that it is not about deprivation, guilt, or punishment. The Epiphany is a deep and abiding sense of self worth, of value, of presence. The Epiphany is the sonic boom or the quiet whisper simply of "I matter." The Epiphany can be broken down into various "I matter" phrases -- such as "my feelings matter" or "my health matters." When your heart/mind/soul beings to stick up for yourself, it is only natural that your body does as well, as they are all interrelated"
(I go through life through inches and pounds)
I have always felt this way about weight loss. It is what motivated me from the start. I really think it is a good reminder about what I'm doing and which direction I need to head. I think to focus on how I got distracted or why I stopped trying is for another day. Today is where I start, right now is where I decide what I need to do to get back on track. I could wait till January, I could say next year is where I start...but I don't want to wast the rest of this year the rest of right now. So here are some things I have done this week.
Tabata Protocol: I did start this week. I started on the bike on level 10 for warm up. Level 15 for 5 rotations and then level 10 for cool down. Starting heart rate was 125, highest was 175. The cardio machines are upstairs at the gym. Waling down the stairs after the protocol was kind of scary! ...so glad there was a handrail. :) Ill have to do my measurements tomorrow so I can monitor.
Daily workout: I have started my resistance training back up as well. Arms, legs and abs all are pretty sore today. I need to do more research on why it takes a full 24hours for all my limbs to hurt after a good solid workout...why not right away?
I'm going to do Tabata Protocol for two weeks. Then in the beginning of January I will be starting spinning class. Why January? ....honestly it is because I don't know a lot about it and when I went to try it a few weeks ago, I chickened out. So I thought there will be a lot of newbies at the gym and maybe I'll start with them. :) I get a little overwhelmed at the gym. So my goal for right now is to try everything and find out what I'm really good at. To not be afraid of trying new things and to push myself like Ive never pushed before!
2 comments:
Glad you tried Tabata!
It kills me, but in a good way!
Thanks for the suggestion!
Post a Comment