Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Friendship

Life happens. You get busy, you spend time with your family, you go to work, play and go to bed. Somewhere in all that you realize that you need more. You need someone to talk to, someone who understands the women's point of view.
I have always had good friends. I am always amazed at how friends come and go and then come back again. I know that I have friends that I will always be able to call on for help, guidance and a good laugh. Some help with comfort, some with attitude and some with everyday well being.
 Why this post? A couple of weekends ago I spent time with a couple of my closest friends. It dawned on me on what weight loss has done for me in more aspects than physical appearance and health. At my heaviest I always felt that I wasn't good enough for people. I felt uncomfortable, worthless in any conversation. That has changed now. Not because of my appearance, but because of the ability to open up. To put myself out there. To realize others are looking for someone to be close to as well. These friends of mine know a lot about me. They each are special in their own way. I have come to the conclusion that all good things take work. Friendships in the past have drifted not because I did something wrong, but because life happens. Life gets in the way. Work, kids, building a life with my husband, all are important primary parts of my life. My husband's friendship is what keeps me going through everyday life. He is what I come home to when life is just to unbearable. He is strong and dependable. and male.
 Friendship is something that I have always felt was important. I'm not the type to have a huge circle. I enjoy having a few special people close. A few that I can give all that I am able . Each person has something that I cherish and depend on. I am truly honored to call each one friend.

No comments: