Yup, It has been a while. I have let life suck me in and spit me out again. Why? Because sometimes it is a necessity...sometimes it is unavoidable....sometimes life just gets stupid.
Well Im back and I have been thinking about my last post and the goals that I set. Beth, you are right I am not very pointed about my goals and how to get there. I have been thinking a lot about my future and what I want...what kind of energy I want to put into life, others, family and myself. I give freely to most people. I want everyone to get along and be happy. Im not the drama type. However, what happens when you give too much? What happens when you focus on everyone else but yourself? You get lost. Im not lost yet....but I could see myself getting there. So I am going to take a few and work on me.
I dont think I know how to state my goals out in the open. I have them...I state them...but they aren't ???? They don't get me where I need to go. So I am going to try again. My one goal that I have been working on all year is putting myself out there. I am proud of the results. I have new friends and have let people see different parts of who I am. I have allowed people into my life. I dont usually let people in. It feels good. I am a happier person. It has not been easy but has been worthwhile. And even better I have found friends that have goals similar to myself. I have support and encouragement from different sources. I have friends that I can support through their own journey. I am having fun losing weight again.
I have lost the majority of my weight by myself. I have a lot of support, but that support has ended when it is time to exercise or if mexican has been craved by all. It has been long and has been a lot of hard work. I am proud of what I have done. I think I will be proud of what I finish. I have learned that support comes in many ways. It comes from family living hundreds of miles away, It comes from family living down the street, It comes from a friend texting to see how I am doing, to a husband who reminds me on a daily basis how beautiful I am. My children, workmates and clothing remind me on a daily basis how far I have come.
I think that I am going to have to rely on all this help and more to get the remaining 40lbs off.
My body seems stuck....ok, not my body but my brain. Do I have it in me to do the work that it is going to take to go the remaining distance. Do I have the strength to push through the pain and discomfort to get to my goal and stay there. What do I hope to accomplish? Am I worth the work?
My goal is to lose 45lbs more. To have a normal BMI and to be strong mentally, physically and emotionally. I will not only lose the weight but maintain my weight loss with healthy habits and by allowing myself to enjoy my life. How will I get there?
I will use the strength I have found in myself to push myself harder. I will remember my achievements and focus more on them than my failures. I will love freely and give of myself to others. I will continue celebrate the small accomplishments along with the big. And most of all I will not let future work cause me to slow down, I will not fear the future.
( I will get down to the nitty gritty on my goals next post. I have some thoughts but this has already gotten long winded. One of my goals is to post more often. My blog might be changing soon. I have reached 60lbs by work and determination, I will reach the next 40 with the same and a little bit more....)
1 comment:
Hey,
Nice post!
You know i luv ya and think you have done an amazing job. As I have said before, you handle more than I ever could. The fact that i ran a few states away is proof of that : ) Your plate has been very full lately, but you are right that you have to take care of yourself, too.
It's almost September, maybe we could do a winter challenge this year??
Also, remember the photographer at See Jane?? I finally got a copy of the paper the picture was in, I will post it so you can copy it.
Post a Comment