Sunday, August 22, 2010

Week by Week

So here is my plan of attack. Im thinking I know what my long term goals are. I want to be healthy and 40 (yes still way far away). I want to be at a normal BMI which will put my weight at 135-140. I want to achieve lifetime at WW, and most of all I want to make decisions on a regular daily basis that not only put me at my goal.....but keep me there. I have always believed that this is a lifestyle for me. This is my life now....if I say I need to get to 135 and then Im done...I would be making a terrible mistake. There is no end in site for me. Soundpathetic??? Im ok with that. I know me and if I say at 135 Im done I will eat until Im back at a very unhealthy weight. I know it is not all about the scale. The absolute end goal is to be healthy so I can live a long life free of medication and heartache for me and my children. I dont want my children to have to ever have to do this kind of journey.
 The reason for this post is that I think I need to set up smaller weekly goals to achieve my big ones. When I first started losing weight I could take things day by day. Now small mistakes lead to no success. So I am going to try to post weekly....even maybe daily so I can figure out what is going on in my head. My goals for this week consist of  working out today, Monday and Wednesday Strength training. Cardio on all days except for Thursday. I want to eat dinner with my family at the table Monday - Thursday, which will involve planning meals so that I can eat, clean up and get to the gym before I need to come home and put them to bed. I also plan on achieving 5 servings of vegetables and fruits a day all week. ( I have been averaging 4 a day so one more should not be out of reach.) If anyone has ideas to get that serving in I would love to hear. I am going to try something that might kill me as well.........ready......Im going to cut my mochas into Americanos. Mochas are 4pts a day americanos are 1. If you know me well you know this might be the biggest sacrifice I have made thus far. A girl in the Pacific NW cutting back on coffee is unthinkable. :0 Ok...I know drama. Here is the thing, I have my own espresso machine and make a pretty good mocha...so this will be hard for me. I have never made and americano...so we will see how things go. I think ultimately this will help me stay within my points target a little better.
 My reward this week will be a movie on my own. I have not left the family for quiet time in a while so maybe I will sneak away for a couple hours of quiet. We have to prepare for school as well so it will be a busy week. But I plan on referring to this post when I get a little off track. I will check in with my progress as well so that I can have a little better accountability to myself.

1 comment:

Beth said...

Nice plan of action, sounds well thought out.I could not agree more that there is no end to this process...its a lifetime of new, different, healthy choices, day in, day out and setting goals/rewards to help us stay on track.
Thus the race calendar on our blog, those are our rewards, one a month should get us through winter on track : )
So long Mochas! Looking forward to reading more from you!