Saturday, June 11, 2016

My own inspiration

Wow! 2015 and I left this on a high note. ;/ I have been pretty busy and have been posting pictures on instagram and Facebook. So not totally out of the internet world. I don't however post about my weight and stress a whole lot on those platforms. Not so much into the drama. The good news is here I have just a couple loyal family members who check up on me here.
On FB there is a Memory reminder that pulls up daily. 5 years ago......what I posted. This last week there was a lot of memories of my half marathon. I looked at the pictures in amazement. Look at what I did, who I became... That was all my work! And I had so much support from outside family and friends. At that time I had a lot of stress in my world. My training was tough. I posted the good stuff, but I had a lot of pressure to stop, or to not run, told that I was getting too small. and right before the run, I was asked if after the run I would stop, and just focus on my family. I did that. I was tired and running was difficult and I had a lot to fight at home. That being said, this is not about the bad in my past, because that is gone now. Im realizing that I did amazing things for me and my family with a lot of negative pressure....and I got to thinking, what could I do now?
This divorce of mine added a lot of weight. 2 months ago I topped my heaviest at 230lbs. This is not my highest ever. When I started weight watchers way back when I was at 250lbs. I swore that I would never get to that weight again....I got close.
A couple months ago a few friends in my congregation encouraged me to try Whole 30. The entire plan is online and the basics are eating whole foods for 30 days. NO sugar, wheat, dairy, or corn. Do for 30 days, see how your body reacts and then after 30 days slowly reintroduce and see what your body does. I did it..... I was the most difficult thing I have done in a long time. I went through withdrawals, I was exhausted, I would have killed for a latte.... then half way through I was in control of me again. I didn't need coffee(it killed my stomach) I didn't need sugar(unsweetened dried fruit was amazing) my anxiety decreased and my energy level was off the charts. An additional plus, I lost 10lbs! After the 30 days ended, I added back food. Pizza, lattes, and some sugar....and realize now...that they still have a lot of control over me.
Today I take back my strength. I have started Whole 30 again, and as motivation, I'm going to blog about my journey. I am also going to use exercise again as a stress reliever.....instead of eating. I may modify a little. (Such as today, going to a wine and paint party...whole 30 = no wine!) but will do 90% of the time. My fitness goal for the month is to be able to run a mile, and to exercise for a full hour 4-5 days a week.
I felt so strong back in 2010 when I was running and taking care of me. I felt strong when I had a lot working against me. I want to see what I can do now. I want to see my strength on my own. I am my own inspiration this time!

Day 1 219lbs and able to walk for 45min......

1 comment:

Beth said...

I love when I see a post here!! I have family that begrudgingly did Whole 30, and almost a year later still are doing it and swear by it. I'm glad you like it....or are at least willing to do it and can see the benifits. Nice job, lady!