Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Some thoughts


First of all I thought I would start with a good picture of me. Katie took it and I really like it! It reminds me how far I have come.

I told myself blogging would help last time and that I would do it more often. I'm back again with some thoughts about how I feel. Have you ever moved a piece of large furniture and it gets stuck. Either on the carpet or against a wall, you push, you pull, you get down on your knees and push and pull and lift and turn and then proceed to kick the thing because it just makes you mad! (ok, I may have other issues to work out, ask anyone...I am a kicker. ) Well I feel like that piece of furniture. The scale is not moving, it is not budging. I need to remember that I got myself stuck. That I pushed myself into the corner, but that is not a solution. When a piece of furniture gets stuck I can walk away. Unfortunately, I spent the last year doing just that and well I wedged myself even further. I tell myself that it took time to get here, my body needs to readjust to the new routine.... Then I peek at another angle and see there are still bad habits Im not improving on. Vegetables, sugar, exercise intensity, strength training....
So here is where I realize I can continue my pity party, or I can kick my butt and look from one more angle. Tweek the routine a little more until I budge. Here is what I did this week. I started running again. Yes it was raining at the time, but I didn't melt. :) I got in 5 cardio workouts last week. Im up to 1 this week, so I need to kick it up a notch there. I am having sugar issues again. I think I freaked out about all my snacks and now I am paying for having nothing, so Im gonna change that up, and as of today, I am back to no eating after 7pm. I dont really know when that changed....but it was a great habit when I followed it. I also know there are some head changes I need to make, but I am late for work so I will save that for another time.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Beth said...

Love this picture, you look tan and happy! I was going to say you look a little "corny" but didnt' want to be cheesy : )
I personally am in a "kick my own butt" faze. Just know that you are 100% normal, we all are on a roller coaster journey, with life in general, and weight loss/fitness. We all loose, we all gain...what's most important is to not stay stagnant. Make changes, keep tweaking, keep trying.
I am in my first week back to some hard core diet changes, and I already feel better, my runs have felt better. I have 15 lbs to go to be where I feel my best...but I'm on my way. We are all struggling right along with you!!