Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Planning

 I was thinking yesterday about what change means. I know so many people who fight it. I am in the middle. I don't like change, however it is necessary to progress. Change does some amazing things, but also can blockade progress if you let it. I think I have let it. My work schedule changed right about the time that I started taking myself seriously again. I work 7-4 Monday through Thursday now. I love the schedule. I'm home by 4:30 now and able  to be with the kids more in the afternoon. The hangup is that I'm supposed to come home and then leave again to go for a run, or bike ride, or walk and 4-5 days a workout at the gym. However, I wake up at 5am to get ready for work, by the time I'm home from work I'm exhausted especially by Wednesday evening. I was thinking of waking up earlier at 4:30 and running in the morning, however it is still dark and well....maybe not so smart. So what to do?
 I blog for a lot of reasons. I blog so I can keep up with family and friends, I blog to see progress, and I blog to work things out in my head. I see it in black and white and figure out my difficulties. Sometimes I realize I'm just being a whiner, sometimes it is and honest issue and sometimes I'm just making excuses for myself. Sometimes I'm not really sure what it is until I read it later. This time its a combination. I have a legitimate problem, however I am letting it get out of control myself.
 Here is my plan. I am putting it here for accountability. Mon, Tues, run after work. Wed gym for toning, Thurs off day(meeting) Friday(pre Ava), Sat ( preWW) and Sun morning run and early evening gym. Seems like a good plan. Now to keep myself accountable!...off to work!

2 comments:

Beth said...

Hey Mo,
I hear ya on this post, more than you know. Change, even when you don't fight it and roll with it, it's hard. Even when you are totally on board and excited for it, it's hard. We are both wanting to get rid of a few lbs we found down here in CA, and like you, it means getting back on the wagon 100%. For me,it's finding that drive and determination that I had 2 years ago that is proving difficult.
It's always that first week of being 100% that is the hardest, so maybe a 1 week goal/reward??
We have set a new challenge of 3 half marathons in 3 months, and each has to be faster than the last...which will mean dropping lbs after/inbetween each one.
Anyways, just know that you are sooo not alone on this "Change" topic!!!

Beth said...

So how has the week gone?