Saturday, May 22, 2010

Two Weeks

Two weeks from now I will be part of a Half-Marathon. I don't feel ready yet, I'm not sure that I will do great, but I am going to have fun! I am going to give it all I can and do my best. Last year at this time I wasn't sure I could finish my 5k and this year I am upping it a few miles.
Truth is I still don't love running. After this is done I will keep it up a few miles a day, but find something I love to do. I want to keep up my fitness goals but to do that I need to enjoy it. Running in Washington is difficult, any outside sport is difficult, doable, but difficult. I have always loved to swim it is the most relaxing exercise, I'm not sure that I would get the results that I want. Biking is something the kids love to do, I think if I got a new bike seat I would enjoy that a little more. Zumba is fun...unless I fall on my butt because of my stupid ankle. Truth is I think a combination of all of the above is what my summer might entail....who knows maybe my next race will be a Triathalon! :)
I am really looking forward to being a part of this run with many sisters that I have yet to meet and my sister in law who has been my biggest inspiration and a huge motivator and supporter. I know that I have support here as well and know that as I run that all of you are here cheering me on as well!
Better get back to training again...don't want to disappoint anyone, including myself!

2 comments:

Beth said...

I have never felt "ready" for any race I've done.
No matter the amount of training, I never feel ready. There comes a point you have to shut down the mind, stop thinking about it, and just do it.
I promise you that when you step on the finish line, all those miles, all the prep time you have spent...it will all be worth it! You will not disappoint anyone! The only expectation I have of you on the 5th is that you are able to fully appreciate and soak in what you have just accomplished as you cross that finish!!

Dayna said...

Congrats on running the marathon! You're going to do great. Just running it and completing it will be awesome. I'm thinking of trying Zumba, it looks like a ton of fun! Maybe we could do a class together or go biking this summer with the kids.