Sunday, May 10, 2009

4 Weeks

Only 4 weeks until the big run. Kind of nervous, still not up to 3 miles. My legs are getting stronger, I think I need to increase the number of days now. I guess that will include running in the rain....oh well, at least it is warmer now.
Last week I went on my 3 mile route and discovered that it overlapped with the Tacoma Marathon. Kind of funny running with all these professional runners. I was so embarrassed, the area that over lapped is a non essential road so they closed it down and it happened to be a refreshment station. So as I am running through there are people asking me if I wanted chocolate or water. ( Kind of funny) Then as I get closer to Tacoma Boys there is a police officer stopping traffic for the runners. I was not going in that direction so I told him so , a runner behind me told me to join them...I wonder why of all days I chose that day to go that route. Oh well...an adventure it was. Any how I did accomplish 3.5 miles that day walking probably a quarter of it, slow though. I have cut my mile down by 2 minutes so that is an accomplishment.
I also discovered something else. Bad food is going to happen. However I am starting to realize that it is not worth feeling like crap the next day because of it. So next time I look at pizza..I am going to remember how it slowed me down this morning instead of having another slice. (Just a note to self.)

2 comments:

Big Bro said...

Your first marathon!!!!! I know exactly what you mean on pizza.. I love it but I don't eat it, not to deprive myself, but because I don't like how I feel. A lot of my previous favorite foods are like that. My insides go into revolt.

Beth and I eat a Kashi pizza when we get that craving and don't get the same results.

Beth said...

My sis-in-law.....the race Bandit!! I can't believe you love running so much that you went and found a race and joined in w/o paying! You know you really wanted to finish so you could snag a free shirt!
I'm with you on the food..my 2 favorites, Thai and Chinese. I love both, but hate the feeling afterwards more.
Anyhow, great job on your adventure!
Oh, you didn't say if you took the chocolate at the aid station?? : )