As you may know. Fruits and vegetables are not what I reach for when I want something. I'm not really sure as to why that is. I'm pretty sure as kids, they were provided. The truth is that my sweet tooth has always gotten in the way. So this week I am gonna focus on finding a few more of my favorites. But until I do, these are my staples. The peppers are actually a newbie. I'm not a huge fan of the green peppers but, I don't need to like them all right. Any suggestions on some new ones to try? Let me know!

4 comments:
Create a fruit bowl....bananas, apples, plums, pears, summer fruit on sale (necterines and Peaches), and learn how to slice a mango....these have been a great way to physically remind us of the great snacks.
Go the inexpensive route, Costco and Trader Joe's always are the best bet price wise.
The "fruit bowl" comment is from Brian.
Beth would actually say that you have a large yard...why no garden?? Things taste so much better home grown and it's fun to grow it yourself and eat it fresh from your yard. The kids would have fun, too.
The baby peppers in a bag at costco, red, yellow and orange...we chop up and use in tons of stuff, raw in salads, pasta, fajitas, chicken chili...
The best advise is find ways to make it fun and easy or it wont last. : )
blueberries and raspberries are easy treats...if you can make it to a Farmers Market close to closing...they usually reduce prices then. Pineapples from Costco! Grilled veggie salads are delish! Grill up red/yellow/orange peppers, zuchs, portabella mushroom, asparagus (or whatever grilled veggies you like) put over fresh salad greens and drizzle w/olive oil and balsamic vinegar w/a bit of salt and pepper too! This will sound a little weird but is a good salty/sweet fix w/a bit of protein too...dates filled with some peanut butter. Medjool dates from Costco- slice long ways to remove pit and fill with crunchy PB. YUM!
Great ideas, thanks!
Post a Comment