Yup things are moving down again! WooHoo! I am wishing I made better choices, but hind vision is 20/20 right. What I will be doing is learning from this...and not doing this again. Ugh! So I started running again on Tuesday. It felt wonderful. No pain in the foot, so I think things are healed up. I also have been riding at the gym. Washington has not decided that it is spring yet. We are having the coldest wettest spring in the record books. Oh well cant control the weather, but I can control me. I have been thinking a lot about what motivates people. I have a friend who says I'm her inspiration. She started WW in December and has lost almost 25lbs. She is amazing! I have another friend who started last year and is doing amazing as well. What is it that makes a person say "Now is the time." I know what it was for me. It was that I was not happy sitting and watching my children any more. They wanted me to chase them, not watch them. I wanted to live longer so someday...maybe I could do amazing things with them as adults as well. I don't want to be sick, or a burden as I get older. Hopefully the choice that I mad, the hurt muscles, the runs, the gym time away from my family makes it so I can be the best me that I can.
It is difficult to get to the gym. Of course I would rather stay home with my kids, or do errands, or clean the house. But it is just as important to take care of me. Make time for me. I used to think I was being selfish, truth is though I have more to give to others when I feel good about me and the choices I've made.
Whatever is holding you back...make the change! Now! Not because its Monday or the weekend, or because the moon has perfectly aligned with the planets. Whatever reason you have, whatever motivation you have. This life is so much better than the one I had watching my children. Now they try to get ahead of me....and most of the time do. I'm going to work on that! :)
While I still don't feel like an inspiration, I do feel amazing when people look at me and realize that if I can do it, clumsy person that I am, they can do it to. And as my friends show me. I still have a lot to learn from them!
No comments:
Post a Comment