Sunday, January 31, 2010

3.5


I haven't posted a picture recently so I thought I would update. I had a bad weigh in this week...but have reminded myself that there is more to all this than what the scale is showing. I have been really working hard at the gym and my arms are finally doing some changing, so I am going with muscle is replacing fat....sounds good anyhow. I do like the looks of this pic so I wont get to bummed out about the slight weight gain.
I wanted to see where I was at in my running time, so Spenc and I ran the waterfront this morning. I love that it is flat! 3.5miles in 36minutes. Not fantastic but I am happy. 18 weeks until the Half. On the 13th of March I need to start my 12week training schedule. I want to be up to 5 miles by then. So today I ran in the morning and went to the gym in the evening. Have to say I enjoy running outside much more than on the treadmill.
(Sorry the pic is cloudy, camera was in my pocket during run and got a little fogged up)
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Beth said...

Woo Hoo! Great job, and that is a great picture!!

Tina Kim said...

Hi Melissa, I'm a friend of Beth's down here in the Bay! I clicked on your blog from hers. You BOTH are so inspiring to me! I sat and read through all your posts yesterday...you are doing an amazing job! I'm in a real funk and trying to figure out how in the heck I'm gonna do this half marathon in June! Looking forward to meeting you!

Melissa said...

Thanks Tina! I am glad you enjoyed. The half marathon is a great goal, one that will definatly boost you out of your funk. You can do it (that is what I keep telling myself!) I look forward to meeting you as well!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Your before and after pics look like you've lost a lot of weight. Training for a half marathon?? That is awesome!! Good luck to you.