Thursday, April 30, 2009

First Mile

I was talking to a patient today he is running in Spokane this weekend in a run that includes a hill called Doomsday Hill....scary. He gave me some advice including getting some running shoes (would appear that I am training with weighted feet). He also said that the first mile is the hardest. I wanted to be at 3 miles by tomorrow so I could focus on my time for the next month. So this weekend I will do 3.2 miles. Off to buy new shoes!

2 comments:

Beth said...

Yeah!! I totally agree with your guy! I can't tell you how much of a difference having real running shoes makes!! Please make sure to get a gait analysis! There are 4 basic strides or ways a runners foot lands. You want to know which of the 4 types of shoes to buy. It really does make a difference!! If your going to spend the $, you want to get the right fit!!
Happy running!!

tammie said...

proud of you girlie! 3 miles...good job! Gab and I are still working on the first mile:O) We road our bikes on the 5m drive this past Saturday and "Beat the Bridge" seemed awful daunting! We will at least WALK the 4mile option:O) Any pointers to working up to 3miles?? Other than...'place one foot in front of the other'???